Beas Kund Solang Valley Trekking Expeditions'2017
2 Nights & 3 DaysRegion:
Manali, Himachal PradeshDifficulty Level:
2 Nights and 3 DaysGroup Size:
5 to 20 Participants/BatchBest Season:
May to June and September to OctoberMaximum Altitude:
11,600 Feet from the Sea LevelAccommodation Type:
Tents on sharing basisFood:
Simple nutritious food suited for the trekReporting Time & Dates:
Reporting at 10:00AM at Solang ValleyFixed Departure Datess: May’2017:
, 28th June’2017:
, 25thThe group may be organized on any date with minimum 5 participant’s confirmation. Itinerary:Day 1: Report at Solang Valley & trek to Bakrathatch ( 14 Kms Trek )
- Solang Valley (2483 meters) to Dhundi (2840 meters) – 8 Km
- Dhundi to Bakar Thach (3270 meters) – 3 Km
- Bakar Thach to Beas Kund (3690 meters) – 3 Kms
From Manali a short drive of 12 kms to Solang Nala takes us our starting point. From here, we start walking to Dhundi. The entire route after Solang nala offers spectacular views of snowcapped mountains. From Solang Nala the route is through forest of oak, fir and walnuts. This is a level walk of 8 kms along the right bank of river Beas. The peaks visible enroute are Deo Tibba 6001 mtrs and Indrasan peak 6220 mtrs. From Dhundi we trek for 5 kms to Bakrathatch (3270m). It would be a lush trail with great Himalayan peaks like 7 sisters always visible on one side. [Meals: Lunch & Dinner/Overnight Stay at Bakrathatch] Day 2: Trek from Bakrathatch to Beas Kund & Back( 6 Kms Trek )
After breaking camps early we climb gently to Beas Kund . The route is through boulders and rocks in summers & through snow in winters . After a trek of 4-5 hours we will see the beautiful lake of Beas Kund . This lake is believed to be the source of River Beas. Beas kund is also the base camp for summit peaks like Friendship, Ladakhi & Shitidhar. After spending some time clicking pictures & having some food here, we head back to our camp in Bakkarthatch. [Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner/Overnight Stay at Bakrathatch] Day 3: Trek from Bakrathatch to Solang Nala ( 13 Kms Trek ) & Drive to Manali
Today we descend to Solang Nala by the same route that was used for coming up. From Solang Nala, we drive back to Manali. You will be dropped at Manali bus stand by late evening.Inclusions:
Services of a Trek Leader
Food as per menu on the trek
Services of Trek Guide, cook and helpers
Porters or mules for carrying common luggage
Dome/Alpine Tents, Sleeping Bags, Sleeping Mats
Facility to keep you extra luggage at the Reporting Base Camp
Forest Entry/Permissions/Permits and Camping Charges, if any
Experienced & Professional Guides, First Aid and Certification on Completion.Exclusions:
Meals during road journeys
Cost of any kind of travel insurance
Any expense not specified in the inclusion list
Transfer from you city to Reporting Base Camp & Return
It does not include any airfare or transportation or extra over and above the expedition plan.
Personal expenses towards tips, telephone calls, laundry, beverage, insurance etc.
It also does not include expenses towards medical exigencies and other emergencies, unforeseen handling costs due to weather disturbance, landslides, political unrest, changes in local unions/associations rules and situation beyond our control. However, all best possible assistance would be provided in case of exigencies.
All applicable taxesTransfer cost from Manali to Solang/Gulaba Trekking Point on Day 1 & Day 3. The distance from Manali to Solang is 13 Kms. How to Reach:
- By Road: Manali is well connected to Delhi. Take an overnight bus from Delhi and you will reach Manali in 12 ‐ 14 hours(approx 540 KMS). Tickets can be booked online at www.redbus.in or www.hrtc.gov.in
Tip : Since Delhi Manali is a long journey most Volvo private buses leave Delhi between 5 pm and 6 pm. The last govt bus leaves at 8.30 pm from ISBT Kashmere Gate. Volvo buses charges between Rs.1,000 to 1,400 per sector from Delhi to Manali and vice versa. Manali to Delhi: Like the onward journey, buses leave from Manali to Delhi between 4 and 5 p.m. Your tentative arrival at Delhi may be anywhere between 6 a.m and 10 a.m. Plan your onward journeys only post noon giving enough buffer for bus delays.
How to Join:
- By Train: Nearest Railway station is Ambala (350 kms) and Chandigarh (310 kms). Tip: Regular Volvo and Buses are available from Chandigarh to Manali in the evening. Volvo buses charges between Rs.700 to Rs.1,000 per sector from Chandigarh to Manali and vice versa
- By Air: Nearest Airport is Bhuntar is 60 Kms. Bhuntar, which is 52 km away from Manali, is the nearest airport. Taxi services are available from Bhuntar to Manali, which costs about Rs.700‐ Rs.1,000. Bhuntar is well connected to Delhi by air. The airliners that take you to this Airport are Indian Airlines, Kingfisher airlines, MDLR Airlines and Jagson Airlines, operating flights from Delhi and Chandigarh to Kullu.
Our participation process is very simple. You may apply online to reserve your seat or call us at 8010 22 44 22 between 10:00 AM to 06:00 PM on any working day. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for booking and assistance.
You may book offline through NEFT or Direct Transfer by making the payment in below bank account:
Bank Name: YES Bank
Account Name: International Youth Club
Account Number: 006188700000308
IFSC Code: YESB0000061
Branch: Saket, New Delhi
You need to email NEFT/Transfer/Proof of deposit details at email@example.com along with Expedition Name, Date of Reporting, Participant’s- Name, Mobile, Email, DOB, City and Gender in order to send you the confirmation within 48 working hours from our side. Cancellation, Withdrawal and Refund policy:
We would love to host you, but in case you are unable to travel as planned and need to cancel your booking, do not worry. Our simple cancellation process makes sure you receive a quick confirmation and fast refunds.
Cancellation made before 30 Days – 70% Refund
Cancellation made within 30 to 15 Days – 50% Refund
Cancellation made after within 15 Days – No Refund
Rescheduling dates within the same trek – 20% of trek charges subject to availability
The applicable refund amount will be credited to you within 30 days after trek completion date What to Carry:
This is a list of essential items for individuals doing trek with International Youth Club. This list contains only those items which the participants are required to bring with them. The list excludes those items which are provided by International Youth Club on the trek. We have divided the items into five categories ie Trekking Gears, Footwear, Clothing, Toiletries and Utensils. All the items in the list are essential except for those marked as optional.TREKKING GEAR
- Ruck sack bag with rain cover. Quantity -1
- Hand Torch with spare batteries. Quantity -1
- U V protection sunglasses. Quantity -1
- 1 Litre water bottle. Quantity -1
- Non-skid deep treaded hiking shoes Quantity -1
- Pair of light weight Slipper/Sandals Quantity -1
- Quick Dry Warm lower or Track Pants. Quantity - 2
- Full sleeves T-shirts/ Sweatshirts. 1 for every 2 days of trekking
- Pair of thick woolen socks. 1 pair for every two days of trekking
- Thermal Body warmer Upper & Lower. Quantity-1
- Undergarments. Quantity - 1 for every day of trekking
- Warm jacket closed at wrist & neck .Quantity-1
- Full sleeves sweater. Quantity -1
- Rain wear ( Jacket & Pants ) . Quantity-1
- Pair of Warm Gloves. Quantity-1
- Woolen cap. Quantity-1
- Sun shielding Hat. Quantity -1
- Personal toiletries kit (Small Towel, Toilet paper, paper soap, Bar soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, cold cream etc.)
- Sun screen lotion small pack . Quantity -1
- Lip Balm small pack. Quantity-1
- Small size, Light weight & Leak proof lunch box. Quantity-1
- Plate. Quantity- 1
- Tea/Coffee (plastic) Mug.Quantity-1
- Power banks
- Camera with extra batteries (Optional)
- Dry fruits, Nuts, Chocolate bars (Optional)
- Carry your medicines in plenty in case you have any specific ailment. Consult your doctor before joining the trek.
International Youth Club takes utmost care to ensure safety of its members during the trekking expeditions. However in the case of any unforeseen mishaps, International Youth Club will not be liable for any injuries caused or for loss of life. All disputes rising due to the above are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in New Delhi/Delhi only. All participants would be required to sign an Indemnity Form before the start of the program, without which they would not be allowed to take part in the trekking and expeditions.
International Youth Clubs focuses to promote sustainable tourism to preserve country’s environmental heritage. We aim to bring about a positive change via encouraging benefits of sustainable tourism, intercultural dialogue and culture of peace, in association with local communities, which is a motivational force for sustainable practices. These communities play a pivotal role in preservation of cultural identities and natural heritage, and they become pressure point for an equitable local share in the economic benefits of tourism. We encourage all to come forward and join the expeditions to mark the change and protect environmental heritage. Additional Information and Charges:
The Big NO
- Travel arrangement from your city to reporting base camp may be arranged at an additional cost.
- Volvo tickets may be booked for your dates on actual cost
- Additional Night at Hotel/Home Stay/Hostel may be arranged with prior information subject to availability and advance booking before and after the trek as per your budget.
- Sightseeing/Taxi can be arranged from our travel desk at the Base Camp on actual as per the rate Transport & Taxi Union.
- Personal porters may be arranged to carry your personal backpack or luggage
- Oxygen cylinders and first aid will be there during the trek. Rescue and medical team will be available on call at the base camp in case of any exigencies.
- Tented accommodation will be provided on twin/triple/quad sharing basis as per the tent size while on the trek.
- Medical certificate is mandatory for all the high altitude treks for more than 3 Days duration.
- You need to bring 2 passport size photographs, valid and original government issued id proof. In case of foreigners, you need to carry original and copy of your passport with valid visa. Foreigners need to pay extra amount for permits.
- You need to sign Disclaimer certificate at the time of reporting at the Base Camp
- Meals will be provided while on trek. Our cooks will be serving the simple vegetarian nutritious veg hot meals for breakfast and dinner during the camping. Pack lunch will be provided during the trek. (Rice pulao, potato, dal, local dishes, hot soups, eggs, breads, poha, sweet, tea, milk etc. is the regular trek menu)
- In case the trek is cancelled for the reason beyond our control then we will offer the alternate trek for same duration otherwise 50% refund is applicable. You may opt for either refund or alternate trek on the date of reporting.
- If we do not get minimum strength of 5 participants in a group then we have right to cancel the group at any time
- We have right to change the itinerary during the time of trekking as per current situation like strike, natural disaster, local union regulations.
- All participants will be responsible for safety and security of their own luggage. We will not be at all responsible for the damage/missing / lost luggage. So carry a small daypack bags to carry all expensive things with you.
- Rucksacks, trekking poles, raincoats are available on rent subject to availability
For any queries or bookings, feel free to get in touch with us at +918010224422 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- No denim or jeans – not suited for this trek.
- Snacks, colas, alcohol and personal food – No need to overburden yourself with food. Do not carry any disposable plastic bottles like (Bisleri, Aquafina), plastic wrapped/packaged items.
- Do not bring any non bio degradable material.
- After packing, weigh your gear. It should be in the range of 8-10 kg – preferably on the lighter side. Anything heavier, you will need to iterate and remove what is not essential.
- Carry light and what is essential. As an example, toothpaste should be bought in small size (that can last you 10 days).
- Some general advice about clothing: To protect yourself from cold, dressing in layers is the mantra. Two T-shirts worn one over the other is warmer than a T-shirt that is thick. 3 T-shirts worn one over the other is as good as a full sweater. This is just a guideline. If you are prone to cold carry extra warm clothing.
- Please bring your own USB Pen drive for videos and images